Website push notifications is just one method any user can use to get more traffic to their website.
According to google, Web push notifications are messages that come from a website. You are able to receive them anywhere ( desktop, phone etc.) even if the webpage isn’t open on your browser.
Push notifications are a new marketing channel you can use to re-engage visitors without needing to know their email or any other contact details.
Now before I jump in and tell you what the best 5 WordPress plugins for web push notifications, lets discuss some theory.
Why should One Use Web Push Notifications
Web push notifications have a few advantages. Here is a list of just some of them.
- Access to users who are even visitors to your website: This is one of the largest advantages of web push notifications. They allow you to reach out to users that aren’t on your website.
- Ability to re-engage users: Web push notifications don’t need emails or any other contact details. Once a user has opted in to sending them notifications, they can be sent one anytime.
- Higher Conversion Rate: Several studies have shown that push notifications have a 30x higher conversion rate then mail.
- Higher opt-in rate then email : This is really important. Since users don’t have to enter anything to receive notifications while having the ability to opt out, web push notifications, by default, have a higher opt in rate.
What to Look for In Web Push Notifications Plugins
Now that you know how useful web push notifications are, lets look what makes a good push notification plugin.
- What devices are supported? This is by far the most important detail when looking for a good push notification plugin. Make sure Chrome, Firefox, Safari and all other major browsers are supported.
- Subscribers : Since these are plugins, they might have packages that have unique services. To get the most bang for your buck, make sure to realistic thing about how many subscribers you will have. This can result in some services suddenly being cheaper than others.
- Features: Extra features are also something you should keep in mind. Look if things such as A/B testing or segmentation or available.
While going through this list, continue to look for these things!
The Best Web Push Notification Plugins
This plugin is the one of the best WordPress plugins when adding push notifications to your website.
They make it easy to configure delivering notifications at preset intervals, targeting notifications to specific users, and customizing the opt-in process for your visitors.
Beyond that, OneSignal includes many other useful features such as:
- Real Time Analytics
- A/B Testing
- Scheduled Notifications based on The User
And, remember, all of this is for free!
PushEngage is really a standalone service however, they do offer a dedicated WordPress plugin for adding push notifications.
They offer multiple browser support that can carry out push notifications in 5 minutes!
Some more features include:
- Custom segments and Geo segmentation
- Multi-Language support
- CTA Buttons
- Automatic responders
This plugin is free until 2500 subscribers and 120 notifications per month, after that however, you will need to start paying $25 per month.
Another great push notification plugin, PushCrew allows you to talk to your subscribers in a delightful way through push notifications that work on all devices.
PushCrew is free up to 2000 subscribers after which you can choose between several packages each with their own benefits.
Its basic features include:
- API Access
- HTTP and HTTPS support
This plugin was created for the sole purpose of adding web push functionality to any website. They are currently sending of 150 million web push notifications every month.
Its features include:
- A/B Testing
- Real Time Stats
- Trigger messages and bulk messages
All of this is free. No strings or anything. You are able to send as many as you want, to as many people. There are no fees, limitations or contracts.
This plugin from push assist is a comprehensive push notification plugin for WordPress websites. This plugin is for website owners handles all the back-end details and allow you to engage your customers without any hassle.
Some of its features include:
- Instant notifications
- Powerful APIS
- Http/Https Support
This plugin is free until 3000 subscribers after which you have the option to choose from several packages each with their own pros and cons.
Which of These Plugins to Use?
All of these plugins have their own pros and cons. Each of them offers something unique to your website. However, there are a few plugins I would recommend.
As a beginner, OnePlus will probably be your best bet because how easy it is to use. And as you start using push notifications more and more, I would recommend PushAssist.
Do you use push notifications? What plugins do you use? Let me know in the comments!