At Techiff, we take privacy extremely seriously and take into account the concerns of our users. In this policy we will be describing our privacy practices with information collected when you use Techiff and its affiliated sites.
Please take the time to read this policy carefully as it is an essential part of the user terms for our site. By using this website, you are agreeing to this policy.
Here at Techiff, there are two major ways in which we collect personal information.
Information provided optionally
We collect information directly from you if you choose to provide us with it. For example, you may choose to provide us with your email address, name, date of birth or other details of such nature when signing up for our newsletter.
You may also choose to provide us with information about yourself when you partake in discussions on our website. Please note that the information you post in these discussions/comments can be viewed and/or captured by any visitor on our website.
If you make your personal information available to other people, we can’t control or accept responsibility for the way they will use or manage that information. Before making your information publicly available or giving your information to anyone else, think carefully. It is advised that you refrain from posting sensitive information.
Information collected Automatically
Whenever you access any website on the internet, so information is automatically shared. It is the same case with Techiff. When you access The Site, please be informed that we (Techiff) and our third-party partners/vendors collect certain information. This information can be collected through cookies, web beacons or other similar technologies.
Cookies are used to enhance your use of the Sites, such as remembering that you are logged in. You are able to minimize or block cookies using the privacy settings in your internet browser, but this may restrict your use of the Sites. You can find out more about cookies here.
When you visit our Site, there’s certain information that’s recorded which is generally anonymous information and may not reveal your identity. The fancy term for this is ‘web analytics information’, and we only use this information for statistical and website development purposes and to improve our services to you. If you’re logged into your account some of this information could be associated with your account. We’re talking about the following kinds of details:
- your IP or proxy server IP
- basic domain information
- your Internet service provider is sometimes captured depending on the configuration of your ISP connection
- the date and time of your visit to the website
- the length of your session
- the pages which you have accessed
- the number of times you access our site within any month;
- the size of file you look at
- the website which referred you to our Sites
- the operating system which your computer uses.
Note: The information may contain but is not limited to the things in the list above.
What do we use your information for?
We may use your personal information in order for us to:
- operate the Site and provide you with services described on the Site, like to verify your identity when you sign in to any of our Sites, to facilitate and process transactions that take place on the Site, to respond to support tickets and to help facilitate the resolution of any disputes
- customize our services and websites, like advertising that may appear on the Site, in order to provide a more personalised experience
- update you with operational news and information about our Site and services like to notify you about changes to our Site, website disruptions or security updates
- provide you with information that you request from us or, where we have your consent to do so, provide you with marketing information about products and services which we feel may interest you
- carry out technical analysis to determine how to improve the Site and services we provide
- monitor activity on the Sits, like to identify potential fraudulent activity and to ensure compliance with the user terms that apply to the Site
- manage our relationship with you, by responding to your comments or queries submitted to us on the Site or by asking for your feedback or whether you want to participate in a survey
- manage our legal and operational affairs
- provide general administrative and performance functions and activities.
Note: The use of your information is not limited to the uses listed above.
When may we disclose your personal information?
We may disclose personal information to people like:
- companies that are in the Techiff group of companies
- subcontractors and service providers who assist us in connection with the ways we may use personal information
- our professional advisers (lawyers, accountants, financial advisers etc)
- regulators and government authorities in connection with our compliance procedures and obligations
- other people where we are authorized or required by law to do so.
Please note, certain parties such as our agents, consultants, service providers etc. have restricted access from using information that is collected from the Site.
Choices And Storage
We store all personal information on secure servers that can only be viewed and managed by our administrators. Occasionally hard copy files may be kept but they are also placed in a secure location only know to the highest of our administrative group.
There are many choices you can take to protect your privacy on the Site. A few examples would be:
- Unsubscribing from emails
- Blocking cookies
- Disabling “Flash cookies” or local shared objects
- Opting out of third party cookies.
We may need to change/update this policy from time to time in order to make sure it stays up to date with the latest legal requirements and any changes to our privacy management practices. When we do amend the policy, the changes will be effective straightaway. We’ll usually publish information about changes to be made to this policy on our Site – but please be aware that it is your responsibility to check in and make sure you keep up to date with any changes to this policy.
How can you contact us?
If you have any questions about our privacy policies, please contact us email@example.com.
If you have any concerns about how we have been managing your personal information, or if you think we have not been complying with privacy law, you can make a complaint in writing to our privacy champion. We will consider your complaint and contact you to resolve the matter.