SEO is usually divided into on site and off site SEO. Off site SEO is what we are going to focus in today. For SERP’s to increase your website ranking you need to have quality links from authority sites.
If you are reading this post, you already know the importance of search engine traffic and high quality backlinks.
In this post, I will be listing 50 ways through which you can make high quality backlinks for your blog.
Before we dive in though, here are some tips when making back links:
- Avoid site wide link from footer
- Don’t buy exact anchor text link
- Stay away from bulk links
- Remember that directory links aren’t effective anymore
50 Ways to build Quality Links:
- Submit Guest Post to Other Blogs
2. Comment on blogs and include the link to your website. Make sure these blogs have high domain authority.
3. Start Relevant Threads in Forums and Link to Your Blog Posts
4. Link to Your Blog in Your Niche
5. Social bookmark because this is also considered backlinking
6. Link your blog in Discussion boards like Quora
8. Ask Questions related to your blog in Answer Sites like Yahoo Answers and Link to Your Blog in your questions
9. Answer Questions in Yahoo Answers and Cite Your Blog as the Source
10. Interlink your blog in all your posts
11. Exchange links with other bloggers in your niche.
12. Submit Your Blog to Top Blogging directories. Quality Matters
13. Write a mail to large people who write on the same niche and encourage them to share it on social network. Don’t ask for a link as it is against google webmaster guidelines.
14. Submit your blog to niche directories
15. Network with other bloggers in your niche
16. Submit your blog posts to all social sites you know
17. Submit your blog to top social networking sites
18. Put your articles on Stumble upon
20. Work on making your blog viral on top social bookmarking sites. One viral post can make a lot of back-links.
21. Make guides or long tutorial posts on your blog.
22. Make use of press releases, and send press-release about important updates from your blog.
23. Submit your RSS feed to RSS directories.
24. Put up your blog on website review forums
25. Contact your theme designer and tell them to use your website as an example in their portfolio. They might accept.
26. Create and Release a WordPress plugin. Include the link of your website on it.
27. Release a software or compile your ebooks to .exe and submit them to top software sites
28. Convert your blog posts to pdf and submit it to document sharing sites.
29. Review companies and products.
30. Do a weekly post full of backlinks of many bloggers. They will likely return the favor.
31. Interview top bloggers and ask them to help you share on their favorite social networks.
32. Give testimonials for products. Remember to give your link when you do.
33. Make use of web 2.0 sites to promote your blog
35. Write high quality content and you will get strong backlinks
36. Write Controversial posts
37. Write news posts with the intent of being one of the first people to share that news
38. Design a top bloggers award and give it to as many bloggers as you can in your niche
39. Ask other bloggers to interview you
40. Write linkbait posts.
41. Write “top” list posts because they can go viral easily.
42. Write a post comparing some top bloggers in your niche.
43. Write a post featuring some upcoming bloggers
44. Trade articles with other bloggers in your niche.
45. Submit your site to Dmoz
46. Submit your blog to .edu and .gov forums and blogs
48. Create a Wikipedia Page For Yourself and include your link in the resource section.
50. Write posts that have “the ultimate” in the title.